GUIDELINES FOR VISA APPLICANTS
- All visitors to Ghana must be in possession of a valid passport or legal travel documents.
- All visitors entering Ghana must have valid entry visas or in the case of Commonwealth nationals, entry permits, issued by a Ghana diplomatic mission or consulate abroad or any other visa issuing authority mandated by the Ghana Government to act on its behalf. (ECOWAS nationals and those of other countries with which the Government of Ghana has specific bilateral agreements, are exempted).
- Visas may be granted to personnel of international organisations and visitors to Ghana for tourism, study, business or transit.
- The visa may be granted for single or multiple entry.
- Please note that applicants may be interviewed.
Mondays -Thursdays. 08.30 – 13.00 hrs.
The Visa section is closed on Fridays and on all Public holidays in Ghana and Italy.
Multiple entry visa endorsed for six months, for example, means the applicant is granted unlimited entries into Ghana within six months of the date of issue of the visa. It does not entitle the applicant to enter and remain in Ghana for six months. On each entry into Ghana, the period of permitted stay in Ghana will be endorsed by Ghana Immigration at the point of entry, usually sixty days.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VISA APPLICANTS
- Should be of Italian nationality or be officially resident in Italy.
- Should have a valid passport with expiry date of at least six months from the date of application for visa.
- Should submit – one set of Application Forms (In Quadruplicate).
a) Fully completed in CAPITAL LETTERS in English
b) Four recent passport size photographs.
c) An international certificate of vaccination for Yellow Fever
d) A return ticket or a flight confirmation print-out from an acknowledged Travel Agency.
Should be submitted with a letter written in English from the applicant's firm guaranteeing his/her stay in Ghana and stating the reasons for the visit. Two references are required. Please supply the Names and Addresses of Business Associates and their Companies as references in Ghana. A hotel may be used only as a second reference. The Consular Officer reserves the right to demand a letter of guarantee from business associates in Ghana
VISITORS / TOURIST VISAS
Visitors must possess a valid return or connecting flight ticket. Names and addresses of two references are required, one of which can be the Hotel where you will be lodging. Applications for extension of stay of visitors' permit must be made to the Director of the Ghana Immigration Service for consideration. Persons who enter the country as visitors are not permitted to take up employment even if there happens to be a vacancy on the Immigrant Quota of a prospective employer. The Consular Officer reserves the right to demand a letter of invitation from the inviting party in Ghana.
Should be accompanied by a letter from your College Administrator or your Professor – stating the reasons for your visit and your financial means whilst in Ghana in English. You should provide a Letter of Acceptance from the Institution to which you will be attached to during your practical training in Ghana. Please use the name and address of the Institution in Ghana as your reference in Ghana.
Prospective employees may be engaged in employment within the authorized immigrant quota. Applicants must provide evidence of an Employment Contract, and proof of grant of Employment quota in Ghana. Two references are required, one of which should be the company or organisation you will be working for whilst in Ghana.
CHILDREN TRAVELING ON PARENT'S PASSPORT
Should submit four recent passport size photographs. The names and date of birth of the children should be entered on the appropriate section of the Application Forms of the accompanying parent. Separate fee as above are payable per child.
VISA BY COURIER
Visa applications by courier will be accepted and processed. It is the responsibility of applicants to make arrangements for the collection of their passports
VISA APPLICATION FORMS
Application forms can also be obtained directly from the Embassy in Rome or Ghana Honorary Consulates.